Painted Rock Hunts are the newest crazy and it’s easy to see why! It’s low cost fun that the whole family can get in on! Our community is jumping in with the new FaceBook group “North Caddo Rocks!”
If you haven’t heard about the painted rocks, the idea is a simple one: paint and decorate a rock and then hide it for a lucky rock hunter (or unaware pedestrian!) to find and keep or rehide. Everyone loves a treasure hunt and it’s easy to see that the whole idea began as a way to spread joy.
Below are some tips to rock our community!
Tips for successful painting, hiding and hunting
- Always be mindful of the environment and respectful of the community guidelinesthat already exist.
- Seal each rock and do not add/attach anything to the rocks,as there is no guarantee that it will stay on and not become liter or swallowing hazards for children or wildlife.
- This is a gifting project. Many Facebook groups remind their members that this is about gifting and not always expecting to find a rock or get recognitionwhen yours is found.
- Do not hide rocks in national parks or state parks, on private property or in places that it could be dangerous to retrieve.
- Pinterest and Facebook are great places to find inspirationfor colorful creations and creative messages.
- Rock painting parties.Some groups organize events where members can gather in a social environment and share in the experience together.
So let’s rock North Caddo with kindness and inspiration! There may even soon be a Caddo Country rock hidden that you can trade in for a prize!
The 2nd Annual Community Fun Day will be held from 9 am-1pm at 1004 S Pardue in the Legion Hills of Vivian. Free Back to School haircuts will be offered as well a school supply giveaway. Everyone is invited to join in the fun and games with a Bouncy House and Wild Story Time from Shreve Memorial Library. For more information contact Ralph at 318-834-7881.
Family Fun Night will follow with more fun at the Vivian Ball Field. There will be booths with games, prizes, and face painting from 6-8 along with a live DJ playing music and a donation box for school supplies. Parents will have the opportunity to sign their child up to play Fall Ball at this event. At 8:30 pm the movie “The Sandlot” will begin. For more information contact Danielle at 318-423-2119.
Both of these events are free of cost. If you or your business would like to get involved please get in contact with the coordinators and support these activities in our community!
By Nikki Barr
Luke Bryan is packing his bags for Houston. The 40 year old country singer confirmed Sunday that he will be performing the National Anthem at Super Bowl LI via Twitter.
“Excited to perform the National Anthem on @NFL’s biggest stage #SB51. See yall in Houston,” Bryan tweeted alongside an accompanying video.
The Georgia native told People magazine that while the task of singing the anthem is both challenging and nerve wracking, he feels as it is a way for him to honor his country since he never had the opportunity to serve in the military.
Super Bowl LI will be played at NRG Stadium in Houston on February 26, 2017.
Tues Jan 17th Queen City vs Hughes Springs 6pm
Fri Jan 20th Queen City @ Daingerfield 6pm
Fri Jan 13th Queen City @ DeKalb 5pm
Tues Jan 17th Queen City vs Hughes Springs 5pm